Posted by: B0B6
At: Mar 26, 2019 20:43
ID: 1279
Replies:
>>1288 >>1322

>>1278
oops, hit enter by accident without finishing so here it is :
have any of you written anything before ? share your writing history
i used to read a lot of fantasy as a kid so i ended up beginning a short novel when i was about 11, never finished more than a chapter before computers came into my life and i forgot all about books
lately i've started to read regularly again although not nearly as much, and i stumbled on what i'd written as a kid, i'm sad to see all the wasted potential and the fact that i could never write something like that now that my imagination is dulled, my style is lost and my vocabulary is extremely lacking
although i read and wrote in french before i'm currently reading in english, i don't have the same affinity for it as i do for french but i can't pass up reading the classics in their original language

Posted by: 3870
At: Mar 27, 2019 02:58
ID: 1288

>>1279
I also used to write as a kid. I did it mostly because I got bored but I think I have a file somewhere with around 100k words. It is a bad story but some of the plot points and descriptions are pretty interesting from what I remember. In my opinion writing is something you can do at any time in life and the imagination being dulled is probably because you are trying to write something you don't know stick with what happens in your life and write stories about that.

Posted by: 37C8
At: Mar 27, 2019 09:22
ID: 1298
Replies:
>>1331

Worldbuilding was a pretty big hobby of mine as a kid, though I only started really writing fiction over the past 5 years or so, though I haven't put most of it online anywhere; I've been trying to fix that.
I think the one thing I feel like I wouldn't be too embarrassed of showing is a story I've been writing over the past 2 or so years about how a government might be structured if we "figured everyone out" - if you could predict what a person was going to do from the moment they were born, and the upsides and downsides to the resulting society.

Just the prologue is online for now though. I'll put more up when I can.

Posted by: 8FC9
At: Mar 29, 2019 05:06
ID: 1322

>>1279 I love writing but I'm too autistic to let anyone see it. After a week or so, I can't stand to look at the same work. If I don't rewrite the entire thing I can't continue and it ends up holding up every project I've ever attempted.

Posted by: A05E
At: Mar 29, 2019 18:49
ID: 1331
Replies:
>>1334

>>1298
Getting your LaTeX freak on, admin?

Posted by: 37C8
At: Mar 30, 2019 00:34
ID: 1334

>>1331 Yeah, I play with it every now and then; it's decently comfy if you're not doing anything too complicated

Views: 159 Attachments: 1 Posters: 5